Kaltura Desktop Recorder Session 5/29/20
From Ruben Duran on 05/29/2020
Kaltura Desktop aka Kaltura Capture is a video tool that allows both instructors and students to create, upload, and publish videos for use in their classes. This may include a webcam video, an audio recording, a screen recording, a PowerPoint presentation or a combination.
- Demo and explain how to perform a task or solve a problem using specific software.
- Make step by step software tutorials, product presentations.
- Record classes and make them available instead of or in addition to face to face instruction.
- Clarify your goals and create a storyboard for the visuals and audio, if possible.
- Consider the time limits and pace. Keep it short- 3 to 5 mins.
- Tidy up: clean up the desktop, turn off reminders and pop-ups, hide irrelevant toolbars, etc.
- Record in segments, saving as you go along. That way, it is easier to re-record a small portion if there is an error.
- Move the mouse slowly across the screen.
- If there is text on screen, make sure it is readable.
- Use the best microphone you can get.
- Record in a quiet room, without ambient noise.
- Speak as though you are addressing a small audience in a large room.