1. A client with a DVT has an IV infusion of heparin sodium infusing at 1,500 units/hour. The concentration in the bag is 25,000 units/500mL. How much should the nurse document as intake from this…
16. Order: Nipride 50 mg IV in 250 mL D5W to infuse at 60 mL/hr How many mg/hr is the patient receiving?
1. Order: Xylocaine 1 g IV in 500 mL D5W at 3 mg/min. Set the infusion pump at _____ mL/hr
5. Order: Lasix 80 mg IVP q8h Supply: Lasix 40 mg/4mL Give _____mL Lasix Drug handbook states: "give by direct IV undiluted at a rate of 20 mg over 1 minute." What is a safe…
17. Order 1 g Vancomycin IV in 250 mL D5W to infuse over 1 hourDrop factor 15 gtt/mLFlow rate _____ gtt/min The IV is positional and often slows down. After putting it on an infusion pump, the…
8. At 1130 hrs, your patient has 150 mL left in his IV bag. It is infusing at 30 gtt/min. Drop factor is 15 gtt/mL. Do you have enough IV solution left to go to lunch (30 min) now, without…
7. Order: Vancomycin 1g q12 hoursSupply: Vancomycin 1 g in 250 mL D5W to be given over 1 hourFlow rate: ________ mL/hr on the PLUM infusion pump
6. Order: Ringer's Lactate 1000 mL over 12 hours using an infusion pump.Flow rate: _________ mL/hr
2. Order: D5W 1000 mL q6h IVWhat is the flow rate if there is an infusion pump?________ mL/hr
1. When you come on duty at 0800 hrs, there are 300 mL left in your patient's IV. It is infusing at 75 mL/hr on the PLUM infusion pump. At what time do you anticipate needing a new IV bag?
© 2009-2021 Houston Community College. Copyright Notices