[email protected] Community College
In 2016 HCC received a prestigious institutional accreditation through the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. HCC is the only NASAD accredited institution in Houston and one of only three NASAD accredited community colleges in Texas.
Seven instructional programs across four Centers of Excellence fall under this accreditation
- Fashion Design | COE for Consumer Arts & Sciences
- Fashion Merchandising | COE for Consumer Arts & Sciences
- Interior Design | COE for Architectural Design & Construction
- Digital Communication | COE for Digital & Information Technology
- Digital Gaming and Simulation | COE for Digital & Information Technology
- Filmmaking | COE for Media, Visual & Performing Arts
- Visual Art | COE for Media, Visual & Performing Arts
Art + Design Mission
Our mission is to provide students the experience, knowledge, and problem-solving skills necessary to excel in 21st century Art and Design careers. In addition to preparing students for seamless transfer to competitive undergraduate programs and providing exceptional career training, we engender in all students an understanding of Art and its role in all societies and serve as a resource and catalyst for collaborative projects across HCC and the community at large. Art + Design at HCC provides an unparalleled education in both the theory and technical aspects of Art and Design.
The NASAD accreditation ensures that affiliated programs within the Art and Design Unit at HCC conform to and exceed nationally accepted standards of art and design education. In addition, it establishes professional standards for 2-year, 4-year undergraduate, and graduate degrees and other credentials for art and design and art/design-related disciplines, and aids, institutions, and individuals engaged in artistic, scholarly, educational, and other art/design-related endeavors.
Dr. Colleen Reilly, Dean, Center of Excellence for Media, Visual & Performing Arts and Chair, Art+Design Council