30. If there are 30 calories/oz., how many calories are in a 200 cc feeding that is 3/4 strength?
20. Mr. R. is to receive milk through his NG tube at 30 cc/ hr. Milk supplies 90 cal/ 1/2 cup. And is available in quart containers. How many calories per day is Mr. R. receiving?
17. Mr. J is receiving a pureed 2000 calorie diet per NG tube. In addition, he is receiving 1 can of Jevity (250 cal/ 8 oz) per shift. What is his daily caloric intake?
16. In problem 15, how much water should be put down the NG tube each time a can of Jevity is added to give an extra 255 mL of water per day?
15. Mrs. G is receiving Jevity (250 cal/ 8 oz.) at 60 mL/ hr. She is to receive an additional 255 mL water during a 24 hour period. How many mLs and how many calories is Mrs. G.…
14. Mrs. M. is receiving Ensure Plus via NG tube at 60 cc/ hr. Ensure Plus delivers 375 cal/ 8 oz. What is Mrsl M's daily caloric intake?
13. Mrs. S is receiving 1/2 strength Vivonex at 50 cc/hr. per gastro-tube. Vivonex delivers appoximately 300 cal/ 300 cc after it is reconstituted. How many calories would Mrs. S…
10. Dr. J. orders an 1800 cal daily tube feeding with Enrich to be given q4h. Enrich provides 260 cal/ 8 oz. How many mL should be given per feeding?
9. The order is for Ensure 2000 cal per NG tube/ day divided into 8 feedings. Ensure provides 250 cal/ 8 oz. How many ml would be given per feeding?
8. Intermittent tube feedings are to be given q4h. Enrich formula, which provides 260 cal/ 8 oz. is to be used. The order for a 24 hr. period is 2000cc/ 1200 cal. How many…
6. A continuous drip feeding with Ensure is ordered. Ensure provides 250 cal/ 8 oz. The feeding (Ensure and water) is to provide 1500 cc/ 1000 cal per day. How many cc/ hr would…
4. A continuous drip feeding with Ensure is ordered. Ensure provides 250 cal/ 8 oz. The feeding (Ensure and water) is to provide 1500 cc/ 1000 cal per day. How many cc's Ensure and…
3. The physician had ordered a 1500 cal/ day tube feeding with Isomil. Isomil supplies 20 cal/ oz. The nurses were giving 250 cc with 100 cc water q4h. Were the nurses correct in…
2. The order is for 3/4 strength Ensure at 75 cc/ hr via infusion pump. Ensure provides 250 cal per 8 oz. How many calories per day would the patient receive?
1. The order is for Ensure 300 cc q6h. Ensure provides 250 cal/ 8 oz. How many calories per day would the patient receive?
16. A client is to receive a continuous drip feeding of Ensure. There are 240 cal/ 8oz. can of Ensure. The feeding is to provide 2000 cc/ 1500 calories. What is the strength of the…
© 2009-2021 Houston Community College. Copyright Notices