2. The nurse is caring for a client who has had extensive surgery and is in critical condition. The nurse notes that the complete blood count shows an 8 g/dl hemoglobin and a 30% hematocrit.…
30. If there are 30 calories/oz., how many calories are in a 200 cc feeding that is 3/4 strength?
29. What strength solution will you have if you add 80 cc of H20 to a 240 cc can of Ensure?
27. What strength solution will you have if you add 60 cc of H20 to a 240 cc can of Ensure?
26. You have 180 cc cans of full strength Sustacal. How much water and how much Sustacal do you mix toadminister a feeding of 80 cc of 1/4 strength Sustacal?
19. You are to give 250 mg "po" daily of a medication. On Hand: 1 Gm in a 2 oz. bottle. How many tsp. will you give per dose?
15. Physician ordered gr. 1/6 Codeine Liquid P.O. Label reads gr. 1/2 per 8 cc. How many mLs would you give?
19. Two 4 oz. Cans of formula and 80 cc water were added to the feeding bag. What strength feeding had been ordered?
18. Mr. D is on a Heparin drip for thrombophlebitis. The order reads D5 1/2 NS (1000 cc) with 20, 000 units heparin at 60 cc/ hr. How many units of heparin is Mr. D. receiving per hour?
15. Mrs. G is receiving Jevity (250 cal/ 8 oz.) at 60 mL/ hr. She is to receive an additional 255 mL water during a 24 hour period. How many mLs and how many calories is Mrs. G.…
14. Mrs. M. is receiving Ensure Plus via NG tube at 60 cc/ hr. Ensure Plus delivers 375 cal/ 8 oz. What is Mrsl M's daily caloric intake?
13. Mrs. S is receiving 1/2 strength Vivonex at 50 cc/hr. per gastro-tube. Vivonex delivers appoximately 300 cal/ 300 cc after it is reconstituted. How many calories would Mrs. S…
12. The doctor has ordered a tube feeding to be 3/4 strength Ensure. How many cc's water would be added per 8 oz. Can Ensure?
11. The doctor has ordered a tube feeding to be 1/2 strength Ensure. How many cc's water would you add per 8 oz. Can of Ensure?
8. Intermittent tube feedings are to be given q4h. Enrich formula, which provides 260 cal/ 8 oz. is to be used. The order for a 24 hr. period is 2000cc/ 1200 cal. How many…
4. A continuous drip feeding with Ensure is ordered. Ensure provides 250 cal/ 8 oz. The feeding (Ensure and water) is to provide 1500 cc/ 1000 cal per day. How many cc's Ensure and…
© 2009-2021 Houston Community College. Copyright Notices